A PhD position is available at the University of Freiburg, Department of Biochemistry & Functional Proteomics, Freiburg, Germany
Project title: High-resolution proteomics of peroxisome-centred membrane contact site (MCS) and transporters
- Definition of the peroxisomal membrane proteome of yeast, human/mammalian cells, and trypanosomes using high-resolution quantitative mass spectrometry (MS) to identify putative new transporters.
- Screen for novel membrane contact site (MCS) proteins in yeast using artificial protein tethers, quantitative MS, and computational data analysis.
- Interactomics and proximity proteomic studies of key proteins forming MCS in different organisms and/or under different growth conditions.
- Global loss-of-function studies of peroxisome-deficient yeast cells and cells with non-functional MCS and transporters and analysis of the cellular response to the lack of peroxisomes and impaired MCS/transporters by quantitative MS-based proteome studies.
- Computation of an MCS interaction and cellular response network integrating the results obtained and published data (icw LG).
- Computational integration of proteomics, lipidomics and metabolomics data from peroxisome-deficient cells and cells with non-functional MCS/transporters (icw LG).
Location: Freiburg, Germany
Supervisor: Prof. Dr. B. Warscheid (bettina.warscheidATbiologie.uni-freiburg.de)
Co-supervisors: Prof. Dr. V. Martins dos Santos, Lifeglimmer GmbH & Prof. Dr. M. Schuldiner, Weizmann Institute of Science
Planned secondments: University of Groningen, Weizmann Institute of Science. Lifeglimmer GmbH
Required subject specific skills and expertise: a master’s degree in biology, biochemistry or a related discipline. Experience in proteomics/mass spectrometry and a strong interest in bioinformatics are advantageous but not mandatory.
Application deadline: 28/10/2018
Starting date: April 1, 2019
The previous deadline for applications has been extended until October 28.
Please note: Applications that have already been submitted are well received and under consideration. No further action is required on behalf of applicants who applied before the previous deadline
82 total views, 2 views today