A PhD Position is available at Weizmann Institute of Science, Department of Molecular Genetics, Rehovot, Israel
Project title: Peroxisome-mitochondria and peroxisome-LD contact sites in yeast
- Identifying novel peroxisome contact site proteins using S. cerevisiae strain collections (libraries) and high content fluorescence microscopy screens. Yeast libraries will be constructed in which each strain will contain a contact site reporter together with one mCherry-tagged yeast protein which is over expressed, covering the entire yeast proteome. The screen will identify which overexpressions affect peroxisome contacts (expansion, increased number per cell etc.) and which proteins reside in the contacts.
- Identifying peroxisome- mitochondria and peroxisome-lipid droplets (LDs) contact site resident proteins using BioID2 followed by a quantitative proteomics in S. cerevisiae.
- Discovering the physiological roles of selected, promising peroxisome–LD and/or peroxisome-mitochondrial contact site in S. cerevisiae. Various methods will be used to examine the potential role of these contacts in peroxisome fission, inheritance, ability to perform β-oxidation of fatty acids, detoxification of H2O2 and more.
Location: Rehovot, Israel
Supervisor: Prof. Dr. M. Schuldiner (maya.schuldinerATweizmann.ac.il)
Co-supervisors: Prof. Dr. B. Warscheid, University of Freiburg & Dr. M. Danielsen, MS-Omics ApS
Planned secondments: University of Freiburg, University of Groningen, MS-Omics ApS
Required subject specific skills and expertise:
- A master’s degree in molecular life sciences or related fields.
- Experience in yeast research mandatory.
- Experience with high content screening approaches mandatory
- Experience with handling big data sets mandatory
- Experience with fluorescent microscopes is an advantage
- Experience in working with both academia and industry is an advantage
Application deadline: 28/10/2018
Starting date: April 1, 2019
The previous deadline for applications has been extended until October 28.
Please note: Applications that have already been submitted are well received and under consideration. No further action is required on behalf of applicants who applied before the previous deadline
92 total views, 2 views today